Wednesday, March 07, 2007

News of note

I'm sitting here doing my Tuesday-night thing: Sipping wine and perusing blogs and reading my e-mails, trying to getting caught up on things I've missed.

I've just cracked open a bottle of Louis Jadot Beaujolais, and the first scent that hit my nose was that of buttered popcorn. I've got a glass poured, and even though I can smell the fruit now, I still can't shake the scent of popcorn. Is that weird?

Anyway two interesting things happening in the wine world today:

1. Ernest Gallo, the famous winemaker, has died.

2. Pinko commie Nashville blogger Sean Braisted has started a website that will track new developments in the legislative quest to de-crappify Tennessee liquor laws. There is pending legislation that would allow wine sales in grocery stores, and allow liquor sales on Sundays.

I'm adding it to the sidebar for easy access. Kudos to Sean!

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger phallicpen said...

That one is a favorite of mine. We used to sell it at Silver's and I love buying it as a present. It's cheap, but looks and tastes expensive. Hooray for socioeconomic pressure!

3/12/2007 11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home